Invoices from recurring services should use package/service's set currency
Currently Blesta will only invoice using the customer's account preferred currency.
My suggestion is to allow tying a recurring invoice to the package set currency. Not the account's set preferred currency.
This will allow for a customer's account to have multiple packages with different invoiced currencies.
== Suggested ability to configure currency via GUI: ==
1) [Admin] It should be implemented as a checkbox under "New Package" in /admin/packages/add/. This checkbox should be labeled "Invoice using selected currency. Override account default currency"
2) [Admin] Under Upgrade/Downgrade of clicking "Manage" to Edit Service under "/admin/clients/editservice/CLIENTID/SERVICEID/". Add checkbox "Invoice using selected currency. Override account default currency"
3) [Client] Under "Change Term" for a particular service. A checkbox on "/client/services/changeterm/SERVICEID" should be labeled "Invoice using selected currency. Override default currency"
This should only be available to a customer if the client group allows for the customer to specify this.
== Examples of why this suggestion is needed: ==
[Example Scenario 1:]
-If a service is set to CAD but the customer's account preferred currency is USD.
-The invoice is generated by converting CAD to USD.
[Example Scenario 2:]
- Service 1: CAD
- Service 2: EUR
- Both services upon renewal are converted to USD
This forced account currency introduces the following issues:
* Forced Conversion Fees. When not required:
- Customer has PayPal business account with all the following currencies $1 USD / $100 EUR / $100 CAD. Customer is now forced to pay a conversion fee by paying a USD invoice, even though they have plenty of CAD/EUR.
[Example Scenario 3:]
Blesta ignores a service's static set package price:
1) Package has the following set prices:
1 month = $1 USD
1 month = $1 EUR
1 month = $1 CAD
2) Customer chooses the $1 CAD option
3) Invoice generated converts $1 CAD to customer's preferred currency of USD. Total is now $0.74 USD (Instead of the advertised package price of $1 CAD).
I welcome any feedback comments or suggestions to improve this potential Blesta feature.
This would benefit Blesta towards better handling multiple currencies for single customer accounts.
We are considering a simpler implementation where the client's preferred currency can be set to None. In such a case, whatever the service currency is, that's what will be invoiced. See https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3740
Comments have been locked on this page!